2006/06/09

SUSE 10.1 Experiences so far.

I'm liking SUSE 10.1, it seems to be fairly straight-forward. I did have to jump through some hoops to get the sound card on my sandbox PC to work, and the updater seems to be a bit rougher than in SUSE 9 and SUSE 10, but evolution worked great with my company's exchange server first shot.

If everything works well with my tests, I'll probably reinstall Windows on the sandbox and put SUSE on my main machine. Hopefully vmware player will install pretty easily so I can get at the windows apps that I need to run.

In other news, I'm almost done this quarter's classes. I have some "gimme" online classes this summer, so hopefully I'll have a bit of free time. Hopefully. I'd like to get some more stuff done on the emergency computing front. Seattle Wireless is having their 2006 Field Day in August, and I'd like to hit that up, too.

I'm also taking flying lessons this summer, so maybe I won't have as much free time as I thought... I guess a busy life is better than a dull life, but I still miss the days when I wasn't under pressure to get stuff done all the time. Sleep is mighty inviting...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home