2006/01/19

A hodge-podge of projects

I can't believe that it has been two weeks since my last post. Time flies when you're having fun (or short staffed at work, at school four nights a week, and terrified of failing a calc test - I think I did OK, for the record).

I don't have a whole lot to post today; personal projects have been on hold while I deal with all of this stuff. Here are some tidbits of information I've come across recently.

It looks like Steve Roberts will be living the nomad's life again, soon. I wish I had the cash, and could talk the wife into buying his property. It's beautiful! It'd be a long commute, though.

I'm loving the Instuctables website! A few of the links below come from there.

Build your own "helping hands". I do question how well the wire will hold up over time, but it's a great place to start. I'd use a small bolt and wingnut instead of the wood screw, too. In the end, free is better than $10, so it's worth it.

Lightweight, strong, ready rack. OK, it's really a guitar stand, but it doesn't take a lot of imagination to see what else you could use it for... PVC projects are pretty easy, although if you have the budget I recommend using a tubing cutter instead of a hacksaw. It's much easier to get the correct tolerances that way.

Make a smoke "bomb". It's pretty straight forward. I haven't tried it, but it's a good one to stick in the back of your head.

Cleaning damaged electronics equipment. Saves me the trouble of writing it myself. I'm not sure about using gasoline; I'd probably try the device after toothbrush+shower.

The Road Warrior Powerbook. Good for a laugh, and an example of making beat-up hardware work for you.

That's all I have for now. Let me know if you run across anything exciting that you think I'd be interested in.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home